Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Please, please, please spare me from people who don't speak their mind. I cannot bear all this pussy-footing around in my personal and business life. With clients it's different. It takes patient exploration to get to the truth. That's my skill and what I'm paid for.

But, if someone has a problem or an issue with me or my business life, then please talk to me about it. We can listen and understand each other, clear up misconceptions, talk things through. It beggars belief what assumptions have been made this week from perfectly innocent remarks, emails and conversations. If you are concerned about something, raise it, talk about it, seek clarification, speak to people who know the truth, the origins. I know I am guilty of the same thing, but it is a very valuable lesson to learn.

Don't make assumptions, don't make 2+2 add up to 105. It helps no-one, least of all yourself.

No comments: